Do you want to help support children and young people aged 5-18 years with additional support needs living in Angus?
Angus Special Playscheme provides holiday playschemes for children and young people aged 5-18 years with additional support needs living in Angus. Our volunteers play a valued role in the work of the organisation. Our main opportunity is as a Playscheme Volunteer which can be summed up as "supporting the children who attend our schemes to ensure they are safe and enjoy their time there",
Duties are varied but may include:
• To ensure the children you are matched with are safe.
• To complete at the end of the day a ‘my day sheet’ with the guidance of the Playleader as necessary for each child you were matched with that day.
• To report to the Playleader/Depute Playleader any issues with the children or any negative behaviours.
• To ensure first aid treatment is sought as needed for the children you are matched with.
• To work in accordance with the National Care Standards, Early Education and Childcare up to the age of 16
• Encourage and support individual children to participate in the planned programme of activities
• Assist the Playleader in being responsible for and ensuring that adequate precautions are taken to safeguard children and minimise risks
• Develop a stable friendly and trusting relationship with the children
• Ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained by yourself and the children at all times
• Ensure all aspects of play promote equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices
• Work as part of a team
The Playschemes run during the Easter, Summer and Autumn holidays but there may be opportunities to volunteer outside of these times and within different roles.
To enable children and young people with additional support needs the opportunity to meet other young children and play in a safe environment.
Will require a PVG
Travel details: Some travel may be required. Where this is done within your volunteering role, you may be able to claim back expenses.
Minimum age: 18
Expenses details: Volunteers can claim expenses for travel to and from Playscheme and any training sessions. Reasonable expenses can be claimed for mileage or public transport costs. Mileage is paid at a rate of 45p per mile.
If on a day they are volunteering the scheme is having a trip out which includes lunch out, this will be paid for them up to the value of £10. Any other day the volunteers are asked to bring a packed lunch with them.