n this role you will be helping and supporting the Group coordinator within our fundraising groups to organise events and secure new opportunities for fundraising by;
· Supporting in organising and attending events and collections in your local area, such as Great Guide Dogs Tea Party. Informing your key contact and relevant members of these events.
· Supporting in building relationships with local networks, organisations, schools, and social groups to host events or to name their own puppy.
· Delegating tasks and responsibilities to other volunteers within your fundraising group in the absence of the Fundraising Group Coordinator.
· Supporting in making sure fundraising policies and procedures are followed; including all roles are maintaining their required records.
If you feel you don't tick all the boxes please still get in touch to see how you could help as we are flexible, where possible, and would love to have you onboard.
Agreed volunteering out of pocket expenses are paid according to the Guide Dogs volunteer expenses policy. Full training and support provided for this role.
If you have any questions then feel free to email VolunteerScotNI@Guidedogs.org.UK
Our ambition is a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support they need to live their lives to the full.
We are flexible with your commitment and will work with you to ensure there is an effective partnership.
Experience required: Ideally you will:
• Be able to generate enthusiasm and motivate people.
• Have good communication and networking skills.
• Have a passion for organising events.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are sure this role is the one for you, please drop us a message and tell us why. We’re open to suggestions and happy to chat with you to find out what’s possible!
Travel details: All agreed out of pocket travel expenses are covered on completion of an expenses form.
Minimum age: 18
Expenses details: All agreed volunteer out of pocket expenses are reimbursed on completion of an expenses claim form.
Training details: A comprehensive induction is provided for this role and any other identified training needs.