To support hospital staff to enhance patient experience.
Core Duties include:
· To liaise with Senior Charge Nurse or Senior Ward Member to plan the day’s activities.
· To assist with practical preparation/setting up and clearing away of any group materials.
· To take part in Arts & Crafts/Board Games or other focused activities.
· To support, encourage and enable group participants to engage with and take part in group activities.
· To listen to and talk with patients.
· To provide companionship to patients who may have few visitors.
· One to one contact with patients. Some periods of sole responsibility.
· To wear an ID badge at all times while on duty.
· Respecting confidentiality, maintaining the persons dignity and comply with the NHS Tayside Confidentiality Policies.
· To comply with NHS Tayside volunteering policies and guidelines.
· To be aware of and comply with NHS Tayside policies relevant to the role eg Health & Safety, Infection Prevention Control, Social Media etc.
· To feed back any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients to nursing staff in the first instance.
· To attend mandatory training as required.
These are the primary core duties of an Activity Assistant Volunteer; however certain activities can be changed or amended to suit requirements, under the supervision of Senior Charge Nurse or Senior Ward Member Voluntary Services Team.
Roxburgh House provides palliative care for those with a life limiting illness.
Travel details: Centre for Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Named Contact For Volunteer