To enhance patient experience by supporting them with transport to access Day Care services, attend clinic appointments and social activities, where appropriate.
Core duties include:
- to collect/return patients from or to their home, day care services or ward in safety and comfort
- to listen to and talk with patients
- to prompt patients to bring items of a personal nature including mobility aids, medication, keys and also prompt them to lock doors as highlighted in the ' Advice on Transporting Patients Guidelines
- to wear an ID badge at all times while on duty
respecting confidentiality, maintaining the persons dignity and comply with the NHS Tayside Confidentiality Policies
- to comply with NHS Tayside volunteering policies and guidelines
- to be aware of and comply with NHS Tayside policies relevant to the role eg. Health & Safety, Infection Prevention Control, Social Media etc.
- to feed back any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients to nursing staff in the first instance
- to attend mandatory training as required
These are the primary core duties of a Volunteer Driver, however certain activities can be changed or amended to suit requirements, under the supervision of the Nursing Staff, AHPs or Voluntary Services Team.
Organisation aims and objectives
To provide healthcare of the highest quality through commitment to professional excellence, teaching and research
Experience required: Must hold a full clean driving licence and use of own car
Expenses paid: Yes
Named Contact For Volunteer