To help look after the small garden at the Macmillan Centre and to lead gardening activities for people attending the Centre.
Core duties include:
- to carry out light gardening jobs to maintain the garden
- to liaise with staff regarding small garden projects
- to identify small gardening tasks which patients could take part in and to organise and lead these
- to wear an ID badge at all times while on duty
- respecting confidentiality, maintaining the persons dignity and comply with the NHS Tayside Confidentiality Policies
- you comply with NHS Tayside volunteering policies and guidelines
- to be aware of and comply with NHS Tayside policies relevant to the role eg. Health & Safety, Infection Prevention Control, Social Media etc.
- to feed back any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients to nursing staff in the first instance
- to attend mandatory training as required
These are the primary core duties of a Garden Volunteer, however certain activities can be changed or amended to suit requirements, under the supervision of the Senior Charge Nurse or Voluntary Services Team.
Organisation aims and objectives
To provide healthcare of the highest quality through commitment to professional excellence, teaching and research
Travel details: Garden Volunteers needed for Arbroath Macmillan day Service & Strathcathro
Expenses paid: Yes
Named Contact For Volunteer