• You will be a decision maker on the best strategy for the ongoing success of the organisation.
• Be responsible for policies, objectives and functions of the organisation.
• Be available to attend 8-10 Board meetings per year
• Have knowledge of health and social care, commerce, governance or IT skills.
• Be local to the Tayside area.
• Share our vision to make a difference for the older people of Dundee.
Age Concern Dundee exists to promote the wellbeing and social inclusion of older people by: identifying their changing needs, through consultation with them and their carers; and active involvement in policy planning and development of services. We provide day care for older people in our purpose built centre located at Fiveways, Caird Avenue. We provide clients with companionship in a safe and secure environment and provide a variety of activities.
Experience required: All skills are transferrable into the charity sector such as HR, IT, Business,Law, Care, Maintenance
Travel details: Dundee Age Concern, Fiveways Day Centre, 2 - 4 Caird Avenue Dundee, DD3 8AW
Minimum age: 55
Expenses paid: Yes
Training details: We are willing to give training as required