Are you passionate about the support we offer to autistic and neurodiverse children, young people, adults and their families?
Would you like to be part of our team and help raise awareness of our charity, the work we do and be a key member of our events and volunteer team, mainly onboard Binky the Sensory Bus?
You will be part of our volunteer team who bring a variety of different skill sets and experience to A-ND, essential in our ability to deliver key support and services throughout north Scotland. You will be part of our unique and exciting new Binky the Sensory Bus Project, who will be traveling throughout Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire, providing a much needed sensory environment and safe space for children and young people. This project is a first of its kind in this area and indeed, in Scotland.
The volunteer role includes:
• Helping present our sensory bus and its facilities at social and promotional events
• Talking to the public and raising awareness about the services that we offer at Autism and Neurodiversity North Scotland
• Have an awareness of health and safety within Binky the Sensory Bus and ensure all risk assessments in place are followed.
• Become familiar with A-ND health, safety, and fire regulations, ensuring they are implemented and followed in line with National Care Standards and SSSC Code of Practice.
• Ensure that matters concerning individual children, young people and their families are kept strictly confidential.
• Report any areas of concern or risk to the Team Leader, Services Manager or where appropriate, Chief Executive Officer, in line with out Safeguarding, Adult and Child Protection Procedures.
• To maintain confidentiality for the A-ND and its staff
A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. For more information please contact Lyndsay Hay at email: email@example.com or telephone: 07858363544.
Autism & Neurodiversity North Scotland create opportunities for autistic and neurodivergent people, and their networks, to realise their full potential and transform the world we live in.
There are a range of times available to volunteer and all help is greatly appreciated.
Travel details: Opportunities could be all over Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire and transport would be provided.
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: We have expenses paid every month on the 2nd Thursday.
Training details: Excellent support and relevant training is provided to all volunteers. Full induction given. Will always be working alongside staff. Support will be provided via your Line Manager, along with other support staff. If required, refresher driving training will be provided. On-going training may include Autism Awareness training and more.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer