If you are interested in helping your community then this is for you! Leading a multi-agency group who will support you in delivering a new youth hub for the young people and wider community in Northfield.
The role of the Chair of a community team, is to lead and guide the team during the bi-monthly meetings.
-Main duties and responsibilities:
▪ Along with the team determine the theme and/or identify topic areas to focus on during the year/s of office
▪ Ensure the team operates within the current guidelines laid out in the constitution
▪ Report the results of the group’s activities at the AGM
▪ Chair team meetings ensuring that all required business is covered and that all members have a fair opportunity to express their opinions
▪ Disseminate to the Northfield Youth Action Group (NYAG) leadership team the outcomes from meetings
▪ Communicate with other local community groups in order to collaborate, pool knowledge and share best practice
▪ Ensure that each action from meetings has a named person to lead on its development and delivery
A fantastic opportunity to make a real difference for young people and the community. All volunteers are greatly appreciated.
For further details please contact Derek Bain, Partnership Development Officer at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01224 301068.
A youth hub for the young people and wider community in Northfield, Aberdeen.
Experience required: You should be a good communicator with a positive approach to team working and desire to make a difference to the lives of children and young people in the wider Northfield area.
You are welcome to attend a meeting prior to putting yourself forward to volunteer.
Travel details: Meetings are currently held on MS Teams. The proposed youth hub will be sited beside the all-weather pitch at Northfield Academy, Granitehill Place, Aberdeen, AB16 7AU.
Minimum age: 18
Training details: Excellent support is provided to all volunteers. Support will be provided by the existing team on an ongoing basis.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet