Do you know your way around online sales websites? Have you got an interest in researching and listing unusual or sought-after items? Or maybe you could help us promote our donated stock via the web to reach more customers online? We require curious people to help us with our online sales and sell a range of donated items on various websites, allowing customers to raise life-saving funds from home.
We’ve got dedicated resources to help and assist you with this unique volunteering role. Research the value of our most exciting donations, photograph them for online auction, or package them up to be sold at our online sales HQ.
*Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
*Typical tasks include:
· Photographing items for listing on various online selling sites
· Researching donated items, to gather as much information on unusual items before listing them online – investigative work required!
· Getting involved in uploading as much practical information about goods for sale
· Packing and posting items to be sent to our online sales HQ / delivered to customers
· Helping the Manager to handle online queries from customers
*You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable online selling experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
(Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders).
*Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
*For further details please contact our Shop Manager, Eleanor at E Mail: A18@bhf.org.uk or tel.: 01224 252769.
We fight for every heartbeat. Coronary heart disease is the countrys single biggest killer but we are leading the fight against it. Volunteering Changes Lives BHF Retail are now recruiting volunteers for flexible opportunities for our shops s raising funds for valuable research through our retail shops and stores. There are lots of benefits to volunteering, such as developing your existing skills, gaining new skills and supporting a cause you care about. Whatever your reason for joining, you can expect to have lots of fun and meet some great people. However you choose to volunteer your time helps us to save lives. Our volunteers help our fight for every heartbeat and make a big difference in their local communities. As one of our volunteers you will receive a full induction and further training in specific roles. Your support powers our research. Every pound raised and every minute of your time will help make a massive difference to people's lives. Join the fight for every heartbeat.
Experience required: Friendly and polite team player and a willingness to learn.
Travel details: Central-31 Union Street, Aberdeen AB11 5BP (is on all bus routes)
Minimum age: 16
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed in agreement with the shop manager.
Training details: Excellent support and relevant training is provided to all volunteers. Volunteers will be given comprehensive induction training and ongoing support in their roles.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet