Experienced volunteers who have taken on a leadership role, our Community Lead Volunteers bring people together, raise awareness, support other volunteers, tackle barriers to independence and fundraise for our work.
Depending on your availability, training and interests, you will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
• host events and regular groups
• give talks about sight loss, eye health, the work of RNIB and partners
• design and deliver local campaigns
• lead and train groups of volunteers
• organise fundraising events like store collections
• attend information stalls and cheque presentations, and
• make wellbeing calls to community members.
RNIB Scotland provides practical support, advice, products and services to anyone living with sight loss. Community Fundraising division ensures that RNIB continues to provide this quality service by raising awareness and valuable funds within local communities.
4 hours per event
This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Experience required: * Effective listening skills * Good communication skills * Good organisational skills * An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people * Delegation, facilitation & influencing
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes