Description of opportunity tasks etc.
We are affiliated with the British Lung Foundation. We are a support group for people with a lung condition, families, carers. We are a registered charity with OSCR, Scottish charity Regulator.
support group for
The key objectives for all Breathe Easy groups are:
• To provide mutual support to members
• For all people with lung disease, their family, friends and carers, from all sections of • the community
• To provide information and education to members
• Through organising guest speakers and providing BLF publications
• To promote the group and the BLF
• Raise awareness locally of the BLF and Breathe Easy group among people affected • by lung disease, health professionals and the general public.
Chairs group meetings
• Follows agenda and makes sure that all group members can participate in discussions • and decisions
• Works with the other committee members, agrees the agenda for the monthly and
• committee meetings
• Helps to organise main activities
• Involves group and committee members in organising events and outings. Delegates • tasks to members, encourages everyone to help and take part in planning and
• publicising the group.
• Brings issues and correspondence to the attention of the committee and members
We are affiliated to "The British Lung Foundation". We are a social group, we share info & experiences, we plan trips, breaks etc. We invite speakers along to our meetings which we have once a month.
Travel details: We meet the first Thursday of every month except January. We meet in the Jim Foley Centre sheildmuir Street, Wishaw, ML2 7TJ