Build your experience and share your skills as a Secretary for Headway South Lanarkshire. This role is vital to help us run the work that we do to support and provide information for people with brain injury, their families and carers.
The secretary plays a vital role in assisting the committee organise the smooth running of the support group.
Duties: Preparing for meetings
• Sending notices of all meetings to members within the time required by the governing document
• Making arrangements for meetings – booking rooms, arranging refreshments, ensuring access for all attending
• Preparing the agenda in consultation with the Chair and distributing the agenda with any background papers
• Checking that members have carried out tasks agreed at the previous meeting.
. Participating in meetings
• Ensuring that the minutes of the previous meeting are accurate, agreed and signed and dated on each page by the Chair
• Taking and producing minutes of the meeting, noting the names of those attending and apologies, major decisions, any votes taken and agreed further actions
• Distributing minutes in a timely manner.
Headway exists to promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury and to provide information, support and services to people with a brain injury, their family and friends. A weekly group is held with various activities taking place from support groups to fun days out. Members receive help and support in coping with life, find out what local services are available and share in the emotional rollercoaster that goes with brain injury.
Commitment Flexible 2 Hours, Weekly
Experience required: General Admin / Office Support
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Out of pocket expenses will be paid
Training details: Headway offer training on understanding brain injury as well as other topics.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer