As a Volunteer Administrator you will play a key role is supporting the service, ensuring all communication between staff, service uses and partner agencies runs smoothly, this includes answering calls and directing enquires. You will be a valued member of the administration team supporting them in various administrative roles including, booking appointments, sending letters and general office duties such as photocopying, filing and scanning. On-the-job training will be provided – all you need is an organised approach and a willingness to learn.
• Support the team to ensure that telephone calls and visits from service users, outside agencies and CGL staff are dealt with promptly and courteously.
• Provide service users with basic advice about the services and signpost them where appropriate
• To ensure that admin, record-keeping and communication within the project are maintained.
• Support the team in managing/booking appointments via the electronic diary system
• Send outgoing letters to service users and partner agencies
• Maintain general office administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning
• Maintain accurate records of all contacts on our case management systems
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
• To help Change Grow Live fulfil its role in offering the best service to our clients.
• To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
• To follow the Change Grow Live’s procedures and standards, including health and safety and equal opportunities, in relation to our staff, volunteers and clients.
• To maintain the confidential information of Change Grow Live and of our clients; adhering to Change Grow Live’s policies and procedures
• To meet the time commitments and standards which have been mutually agreed and to give reasonable notice so other arrangements can be made when this is not possible.
• Ability to work with professional boundaries
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• IT literacy and knowledge of Microsoft word/excel
• Excellent time management skills, and an ability to work on own initiative prioritising accordingly.
• Ability to liaise and work in partnership with a wide range of professionals and agencies.
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
This post is subject to a PVG check at a basic level.
Change Grow Live Forth Valley Recovery Service which provides a wide variety of interventions to individuals affected by drugs and/or alcohol. These include harm reduction, psychosocial interventions, structured cognitive behavioural therapy and community rehabilitation. Our mission is to help people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential. The vision we're working towards is to develop, deliver and share a whole person approach that changes society. Our aim is to work together to challenge stigma and oppression. We want our charity to be a place where our staff and people who use our services are respected and engaged. Ultimately we want to make life safer, easier and better for as many people as we can.
PVG check required
Experience required: PERSON SPECIFICATION • Ability to work with professional boundaries • Good verbal and written communication skills • IT literacy and knowledge of Microsoft word/excel • Excellent time management skills, and an ability to work on own initiative prioritising accordingly. • Ability to liaise and work in partnership with a wide range of professionals and agencies. • Good organisational skills • Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Minimum age: 18
Training details: Training provided throughout.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer