Being a Collection Can Volunteer is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of a leading health charity and make a real difference to the people we support. As a CHSS Collecting Can Volunteer, you will play a key role in sourcing new collecting can sites, helping to raise awareness and vital funds to ensure Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland continues to support people who are living with effects of stroke, chest and heart conditions in Scotland.
Your role will include:
• Placing CHSS charity collection cans in shops, local businesses, and community venues.
• Regularly revisiting the sites where you have placed the collecting can, emptying the can and supporting the site holder with any queries or concerns.
• Counting, banking and recording the income from your collecting cans
We are Scotland's health charity supporting people and their families across Scotland with chest, heart and stroke conditions. We want to make sure life living with a chest or heart condition or after a stroke is a life lived to the full. We will fight for better health for everyone and work to make sure there is help and support in every community. Everyone has the right to live life to the full. After a diagnosis of a chest or heart condition or a stroke, many people experience fear and isolation and struggle with the impact on their lives. Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland won't stand for that. The care and support we deliver every day ensures everyone can live the life they want to.
Experience required: • Enjoy meeting and talking to new people
• Be happy and confident to place collection cans in new sites
• Have good organisational skills
• Be able to keep accurate records
• Have time to commit to your volunteer role - Collection Can Volunteer
• To want to share your enthusiasm for Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland.
This role will require you to travel locally, and you will carry out your role on your own and so the minimum age for the Collection Can Volunteer Role is 18 years.
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer