The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, developing the charity’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
While all Trustees always retain their responsibility for the Charity as a whole, some will be chosen for their specific expertise in particular areas and will support and advise the Board on that area of expertise.
• Work together to provide leadership and strategic direction to the charity
• Ensure that M4U meets its charitable objectives as laid out in the constitution
• Ensure that M4U is effectively run and meets all of its legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that assets are safeguarded and used efficiently for those for whom the charity exists
• Ensure that the charity is accountable financially and in other ways
• Take on specific roles as required for the smooth operation of the Board of Trustees and charity
• To maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the
course of trustee’s responsibilities to the charity.
• Act in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times
• Promote and develop the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance to society
Trustees are expected to contribute around 10 hours per month to the charity and to attend 6 Board Meetings per annum. A minimum commitment of 12 months is requested.
Trustees are expected to attend a minimum of 2 Workshops, 2 Performances and 2 Fundraising Events
This is a voluntary position, although reasonable travelling expenses can be refunded.
As the board are responsible and liable for the governance and functioning of the charity, they are accountable in varying degrees to a variety of stakeholders, including: service users, funders and OSCR.
M4U depends on Trustees having a wide range of skills, and each Board member should have strengths in at least one of the following areas. We do not expect Trustees to be skilled in all of these areas.
• Musical theatre
• Organisational development/strategy
• Financial management
• Charity legal compliance responsibilities
• Management and development of paid staff/volunteers
• Lobbying & campaigning
• Ability and time to represent M4U in meetings with stakeholders
• Best in employment
• IT Management
• Project development/management experience
A fantastic opportunity to assist in the continued successful development of Music 4 U. All help makes a difference and is greatly appreciated. For further details please email email@example.com
Travel details: Board Meeting takes place at Merchant’s House, Waterloo Quay, Aberdeen.
Workshops take place at Merchant’s House and Newburgh Village Hall.
Performances take place throughout Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
Travel to and from these venues would be required and reimbursed.
Minimum age: 21
Expenses paid: Yes
Training details: Excellent support and relevant training is provided to all volunteers. Trustees receive an induction and will complete a Skills Audit Form, Trustee Declaration, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Form (if applicable). Trustees also attend Child Protection Awareness Training.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet