Digital Champions help people who get devices through Connecting Scotland to do things online such as:
· Connecting a device to the internet using Wi-Fi and entering the password when they need to.
· Sharing documents by attaching them to an email.
· Understanding that not all online information and content that they see is reliable.
The aim is that with support from Digital Champions, learners will be able to use the internet safely, confidently and effectively. Digital Champions usually work in frontline positions in third and public sector organisations e.g. support workers, advice officers and befrienders but all staff who come into regular contact with service users can be a Digital Champion.
The kind of things our Digital Champions will help our learners with are:
· Setting up their device.
· Setting up and email address
· Show them how to use video calling.
· Show them how to shop online.
A support session with learners usually takes place in person once or twice a week but can also be done remotely if required. 30 – 45 minutes is usually enough time to make some progress without overwhelming the learner. All this will depend on who you’re working with and what they need. It also depends on how your organisation usually delivers support.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity please contact VAA on 01307 466113 alternatively you can email – firstname.lastname@example.org
once or twice a week, usually 6 month commitment
Named Contact For Volunteer