This role will require the Admin Volunteer to provide support to the Administrator and other staff members as and when required. This opportunity is FLEXIBLE as the Admin Volunteer will provide holiday cover and secretarial support in the Administrator and Assistant Administrator’s absence. The core responsibilities of this role include:
• Answering the phone, directing calls, dealing with enquiries in the Administrator’s absence.
• Answering the door, providing hospitality if required.
• Monitoring stationery stock levels.
• Checking and putting away stationery deliveries and checking of delivery sheets.
• Maintaining the room booking diary.
• Labelling, stamping, filling envelopes for mailshots.
• Taking initial enquiries, through the door enquiries providing information, advice and signposting.
Action in Mind is a community mental health charity supporting people experiencing low to moderate symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression and people living with different chronic mental health conditions such as bipolar, borderline personality or obsessive compulsive disorders. We work across the Forth Valley, central Scotland, which includes urban areas around the cities and towns of Stirling, Falkirk and Alloa. We help people towards better mental health and well-being, and to lead lives without fear of mental health stigma and discrimination.
Experience required: Due to the nature of this role, the Admin volunteer will have regular contact with the people referred to Action in Mind’s services and therefore must maintain high standards of confidentiality and professionalism. A high level of communication and organisational skills is essential, and flexibility in their approach is desirable.
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Training details: Mandatory volunteer training will be provided prior to commencement.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet