Branch Communications Officer responsibilities include:
• Developing the branch communications strategy
• Steer the volunteer communication team
• Writing content for branch emails to members and supporters
• Sharing news from The Women’s Equality Party central office through branch forums
• Staying up to date with WE-related media appearances and campaigns both centrally and locally
• Identifying and sharing content that is likely to be of interest to branch members
• Identifying and sharing content that is related to the core objectives of the Women’s Equality Party
• Developing links with local print and online media
This role is also an active member of the branch officer team and will help develop branch strategy, membership plans and campaigns. All branch officers may interact with the WE central office team and represent the branch on occasion. You’ll be prepared to sign the WE Code of Conduct outlining expectations around confidentiality, data protection and not disqualified from holding public office.
The Women’s Equality Party (Edinburgh and The Lothians Branch) advocates for women and addresses inequality, promotes the health and wellbeing, both social and economic in order that society becomes fairer and that as the voices of women is enhanced that they are empowered to take greater control and autonomy of their lives within a society that often disempowers them. Equality for women isn't only a women's issue, as when women fulfil their potential, everyone benefits because equality means better politics, a more vibrant economy, a workforce that draws on the talents of the whole population and a society at ease with itself.
Must be able to work online and be familiar with social media or other online platforms. Some basic degree of computer literacy will be required.
Experience required: WE are looking for someone can commit to this post for at least 12 months and who: Is reliable /Enjoys working as part of a team/Can think creatively about using communications to raise the profile of the Women’s Equality Party/Is a strong communicator/Can attend regular branch meetings/Is passionate about the goals and values of the Women’s Equality Party and agrees to abide at all times by the WE code, set out in our constitution
Travel details: Will be online currently but can be accessible by public or private transport in future
Minimum age: 18
Taster details: Mentoring will be provided by the data manager and the branch leader.
Training details: Online support will be given and there will also be access to training briefings and documents about the aims and objectives of the party.