The goal of Forth Valley Change, Grow, Live is to empower and enable the people who use their services to increase their confidence in making better decisions, providing them with the resources and opportunity to create a better life for themselves.
Befriending is a supportive, pro social relationship between a volunteer and service user. You will be matched with an individual and support them on a 1:1 basis. The aim of befriending is to reduce social isolation by involving Forth Valley Change, Grow, Live service users in new experiences and activities in the community to promote their confidence and relationship building skills. This can include supporting them to attend a group or appointment for example.
It can take time for Forth Valley Change, Grow, Live service users to engage and trust in you, so consistency, patience and resilience is key to the role. You will be provided with all the skills, training and support you will need to undertake the role by Change Grow Live.
Supporting individuals to achieve their goals can be rewarding, and you can make a real difference to somebody’s life. This is the perfect role for a compassionate, non-judgmental person who wants to support others to make positive changes
· Support service users on a 1:1 basis including, telephone and face to face
· Support service users to increase their confidence, empowering and supporting them to achieve their goals
· Gain an understanding of what support is available in your local community
· Keep Forth Valley Change, Grow, Live updated by providing verbal and written feedback
Generally a volunteer is expected to:
· Help Change Grow Live fulfil its role in offering the best service to the service users.
· Perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
· Follow Change Grow Live’s procedures and standards, including health and safety and equal opportunities, in relation to Forth Valley Change, Grow, Live staff, volunteers and service users.
· Maintain the confidential information of Change Grow Live and of their service users; adhering to Change Grow Live’s policies and procedures.
· Meet the time commitments and standards which have been mutually agreed.
Education Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to work with professional boundaries
· Good communication skills
· Understanding of the issues faced by our client group
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Change Grow Live Forth Valley Recovery Service which provides a wide variety of interventions to individuals affected by drugs and/or alcohol. These include harm reduction, psychosocial interventions, structured cognitive behavioural therapy and community rehabilitation. Our mission is to help people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential. The vision we're working towards is to develop, deliver and share a whole person approach that changes society. Our aim is to work together to challenge stigma and oppression. We want our charity to be a place where our staff and people who use our services are respected and engaged. Ultimately we want to make life safer, easier and better for as many people as we can.
This post is subject to a PVG check at an enhanced level.
Experience required: Education Knowledge and Experience: · Ability to work with professional boundaries · Good communication skills · Understanding of the issues faced by our client group · Excellent time management skills · Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Minimum age: 18
Training details: You will be provided with all the skills, training and support you will need to undertake the role by Change Grow Live.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer