• To assist/ or run social groups, either via zoom or face to face.
• To help develop further support groups throughout P&K
• To listen and respond to what carers want from the groups and implement
• To help groups become independent and mainly run by carers themselves.
• To assist with outings, trips, keep fit classes and group work
• To attend any training relevant to role
• To assist with setting rooms up for meetings, and to help with facilitating activities and outings for people attending the social groups
• Adhere to all PKAVS policies, procedures and guidelines
• Essential that we provide a confidential service
• To assist with social therapies. Providing tea’, coffee and a presence at the therapies
• Travel to different locations to facilitate groups
• Attending regular training, support and supervision sessions.
• Agreeing to work on regular day(s), and regular hours.
• Informing us as soon as is practicably possible if you are unable to come to the Day Club due to illness or for any other reason on your chosen day(s).
The paid staff have a responsibility for the development and running of social groups, walks. Outings etc., including all aspects of health and safety. Staff will also offer the necessary support to volunteers while on duty. Mutual respect is expected between paid staff, service users and volunteers.
Support and Accountability:
• Initially, volunteers will be accountable to the Adult Carers Team Leader
• Initial induction training (half day) will be given.
• Ongoing support and supervision will be offered both on a one to one basis and within a group setting.
• Ongoing training opportunities designed to improve the effectiveness of volunteer involvement and respond to the needs of volunteers will be arranged throughout the year and participation will be encouraged whenever possible.
We recognise that volunteers bring invaluable experience to organisations like Perth & Kinross Carers Centre. In return we offer volunteer expenses, facilitate ongoing training with a view to enhancing personal and professional development, we will also give employment references if requested. We fully encourage volunteers to suggest improvements to existing services and encourage a sense of belonging to the overall team.
PKAVS Carers Services support unpaid Carers of all ages, living in Perth & Kinross and caring for family, partners, friends or neighbours. Using a holistic approach in working with people who have caring responsibilities we help carers retain a life outside of caring and develop skills or interests to enhance their own lives.
Completing an Enhanced PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Membership.
Experience required: • To have the ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative • To have good communication skills • Have an understanding of unpaid carers and the demands placed on them due to caring responsibilities. • To be able to relate well to adults who have a range of disabilities and illnesses offering good listening skills and a sensitive nature. • To be reliable and flexible. • To have a sense of humour. • ability to treat others with compassion and respect. • Passion and commitment
Travel details: various venues throughout Perth & Kinross