Be rewarded and have new experiences, volunteer with us as a Family Support Volunteer.
• Western Isles wide project.
• Flexible and variable days and hours throughout the year.
• Understand the needs of new mums and dads.
• Empathise with parents struggling to cope.
• Be respectful and non-judgemental.
• Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
What you can expect:
• You will provide practical and emotional support to parents.
• Visit families in their own home and sometimes accompanying them to groups or activities in the community.
• Play a key role in working with parents to friendships, confidence and skills which will enhance their lives and enable them to give their children the best start in life.
What we can offer:
• Gaining experience in working with children and families.
• Being involved in your local community.
• Be part of our friendly team.
• Meet new people.
• Gain a sense of pride and self-worth.
Action for Children is a national children’s charity which has been present in the Outer Hebrides for 14 years. We have 2 bases in Stornoway; one for community outreach and the children’s residential unit. We run 5 services 2 disability, 1 Children and Family Support, 1 Throughcare and Aftercare and the residential unit. We aim to provide needs led service for each child or young person referred to our services and aim to work in partnership with other organisations.
Travel details: By arangement
Minimum age: 18