Pachedu Charity (Charity No. SC046488) is looking for a Volunteer Assistant to help the
Volunteer Coordinator in compiling a portfolio of evidence for submission as part of the charity’s
application for Volunteer Friendly (Scotland)’s Volunteer Friendly Award. Candidates are not
required to have any specific special skills or knowledge; however, some experience and/or
interest in HR or Business Management/Administration would be useful.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the guidance and with the support of the Volunteer Coordinator, the Volunteer Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Researching, printing, and proof-reading existing documents and other materials identified by the Volunteer Coordinator for inclusion in the portfolio of evidence.
• Researching, drafting, finalizing, printing and proof-reading any new documents and other materials identified by the Volunteer Coordinator for inclusion in the portfolio of evidence.
• Collating all documents and other materials in one single standard ring binder folder.
• Producing an index page for inclusion in the folder.
• Dividing the folder into 5 separate, colour-coded sections, 1 section for evidence related to each of the 5 individual strands making up the Volunteer Friendly Award.
• Preparing references and a system of clear and obvious cross-referencing and highlighting to emphasise how particular text or other materials relate to and provide evidence of compliance with the 5 individual strands making up the Volunteer Friendly Award.
• Prepare captions and other necessary explanations for any photographs or other visual information included in the folder as part of the portfolio of evidence.