Are you a doer with an interest in Africa?
We are seeking a new Treasurer for our small but fast-growing Penicuik-based charity, Friends of Chitambo SCIO. We support health projects at Chitambo Hospital, central Zambia, the living memorial to Scottish explorer Dr. David Livingstone, who died nearby.
Our main focus is on providing nurse training scholarships for disadvantaged students, ambulance maintenance, and emergency care improvements.
• This is a substantial, hands on, voluntary role, suiting someone experienced in bookkeeping or accountancy, with the time and commitment to offer e.g. retired, not working or working part-time and preferably local to Midlothian but not restricted to these groups.
• Minimum monthly time commitment: 8 hours
◦ plus at least 2 more hours a quarter for committee meetings (4/year)
▪ by telephone conference
◦ additional time at peak budget reporting periods
▪ around 5 financial reports/year, to OSCR, HMRC, Scottish Government, and charity AGM.
◦ Must liaise closely with charity Chair, including in face to face meetings as necessary.
Please see the following link for details: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o8PgTYjsbkGg56Lunxmcn1izn1R-PapT/view?usp=sharing
If interested, please contact Dr. Jo Vallis, Chair, for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org; mobile phone no. 07791262918
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/friendsofchitambo/